The Prize is organized by The Goi Peace Foundation and supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sport, Science and Technology of Japan, the Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, the Federation of Private Secondary Institutes of Japan, the Metropolitan Board of Education of Tokyo, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc., and is sponsored by FELISSIMO CORPORATION, SEIKO HOLDINGS CORPORATION, PLUS CORPORATION.
This annual contest is organized in an effort to capture the imagination and initiative of the world’s youth to build a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire the whole society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
This program is an activity of the Global Action Program (GAP) of UNESCO on Education towards Sustainable Development.
THEME: “The change I want to make” What would you most like to change in your school, in your workplace, in your community, in your country or in the world, to make it a better place? How would you make that change? Please share your concrete ideas.
The following prizes will be awarded in each category, Infantile and Juvenile, respectively:
- 1st – Prize: Certificate, 100,000 Yen (approximately 900us as of February 2018) and gift for 1 participant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, 50,000 Yen (approximately 450us as of February 2018) and gift for 2 participants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift for 5 participants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift for 25 participants
To apply, you must take into account:
- Participants must have a maximum of 25 years (as of June 15, 2018). The contest is divided into two categories: a) Children (up to 14 years old) b) Youth (between 15 and 25 years old)
- The essays must not exceed 700 words, typed or printed, in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters in Japanese, not counting the title of the essay and the presentation page. The tests can be digitized or printed.
- The essays can be sent online, via the internet or by mail. * IMPORTANT: To send your essays online, you must go to the registration page at www.goipeace.or.jp and follow the required steps.
- The essays sent by mail must include a cover page (with the format of your choice) indicating: (1) the category (Infant or Youth) (2) the title of your essay (3) the name of the author (4) postal address (5) ) telephone number (6) email address (7) nationality (8) age of the contestant (as of June 15, 2018) (9) sex (10) name of the school (if applicable) (11) total number of words. Teachers or principals can present the essays of their class or group collectively. In this case, in addition to the above data, a list of the names and ages of the participants, and the name and contact information of the professor or director presenting them must be attached.
* Trials in which some of the above information is missing will not be taken into account.
** We can not confirm receipt of each trial.
5. The essays must be original and have not been previously published. The plagiarized trials will be rejected.
6. They must be written by only one person. Written essays in collaboration with other authors will not be accepted.
7. The copyright of the participating essays will be transferred to the GPF in its entirety.
THE ESSAY MUST BE SENT TO: International Essay Contest c / o The Goi Peace Foundation 1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093 Japan Or online at www.goipeace.or.jp
For more information visit the Official Site Here