Inspired by Yetnebersh Nigussie, Ethiopian rights activist for the disabled – 2018 Spirit of Helen Keller Award and Right Livelihood Award 2017 – Her Abilities, the first global awards program celebrating the achievements of women with disabilities, is accepting nominations for women with a disability
In 2018, an independent jury composed of women from around the world will select the winners in three prize categories:
- Health and education: Women with disabilities in the health or education sector, including, among others, teachers, teaching assistants, school directors, university professors, doctors, surgeons and nurses.
- Rights: Women with disabilities in the defense sector and rights that advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and inclusion. Nominees may be working to bring about change in an NGO or charity, in the business world, in a government agency or simply in their local communities.
- Art, culture and sports: women with disabilities in the arts, culture and sports sectors, including, among others, artists, actresses, writers, poets, paralympics, runners and swimmers.
Her Abilities is a purely honorific prize (without monetary prize), but the winners will receive the following benefits:
- An invitation to join a network of other successful women (ie, the jury) who are committed to finding opportunities to support each other in their quest for justice, equality and excellence.
- The possibility of speaking opportunities in international conferences.
- Media and online exhibition courtesy of Light of the World (the award sponsor).
- A certificate and a physical prize.
Nominations for the award will be accepted until September, and winners will be announced on December 3, International Day of Persons with Disabilities.
Deadline for nominations: September 30, 2018
Use the nomination form provided on this website: https://www.her-abilities-award.org/submit-nomination
For more information visit the official site Here