Call for Code Global Challenge 2018 is a competition aimed at technological developers to promote solutions in order to overcome natural disasters and reduce the impact they generate. This is an initiative supported by the Office of Human Rights of the United Nations and the International Red Curz, and developed by IBM and Linux Foundation.
Proposals must address any of the following areas:
- Reduce vulnerability, preparing populations for long-term disaster risk.
- Predict imminent threats to improve precautionary measures in the short term.
- Respond to medical needs during the disaster.
- Improve the overall resilience of communities to rebuild health services in the aftermath of the disaster.
Awards and benefits
- Cash prize of $ 200,000 USD.
- Invitation to the award event (charity concert).
- Support for long-term open source projects of The Linux Foundation.
- Introduction of VC and launch opportunity.
- Offer to implement the solution with IBM Corporate Service Corps.
Prize amount: up to USD 200,000
Application deadline: August 31, 2018
For more information visit the official site Here
Invited to participate, among others, developers, designers and entrepreneurs of legal age.
Participants must use five or more IBM Cloud services, including open source services that are provided and run in the IBM cloud, is a prerequisite for eligibility.